Friday, January 14, 2011

The charm of living in a capitol is such a marvel..! The evening after 3 hour long battle with words, jargons, exhaustive theories, and all efforts in defining what management all about is! I realized there was some roar in my bowels.., hungry me went wandering for a decent eatery at a time which neither was right for lunch nor dinner, craved for some classic, spice-free south Indian brunch! I stop by at one, says “closed”! How cruel but polite!  I walk past another block and enter a street to see fully decorated lanes, meter long withered trees by the side of the road clad in beautiful yellow bee like wired lights! I like the combination created by man in sync with nature! To my already delighted sight is one big decorated open space with huge banners which read “avare bele mela” in kannada meaning – field beans, lilva beans, hyacinth beans, navy beans (used interchangeably)! Wow!! The ground as big as a stadium has variety of peas on display and selling delicacies made from it! The fest yet to be inaugurated had a troop of dancers sporting bright colored folk attire dancing to the music they created themselves with the drums that hung around their necks, while they danced to its beats!

I read, the occasion is sankranti! – the festival celebrated to offer season’s first harvest to the Gods of nature! Wonderful that looked! Green peas in stalls, dancers clad in yellow-red, the array of bright flashlights, the withered brown trees to the winter wind, everything looked picture perfect in the nature’s setting between the hustle-bustle of the city, the heavy traffic weaving in and out, colorful like in the God’s own set up of a handloom industry!

There was auspiciousness in the air, the look of city beautifying every minute as the dusk made its way in to call it a day sooner! The smallest of occasion to be celebrated and the city being dressed like a bride for the celebration made it a wonderful view to look at and gave me a hope to live another day again far from my family for the first time in the twenty years of my existence where mom, dad and bro were a part of every tiny situation and now I suddenly find myself pining for those times, immaterial of it costing me my career! Madness struck sometimes, when I miss my family! I so missed home that instant!! 

3 comments:

SHAILABH said...

Wow, i got all the words in the dictionary except "hustle-bustle". Well written, i started dreaming with the flow and missed my home too..

Unknown said...

awesome great vocabulary ....waiting for next post:-)_

ARDUINO PROJECTS said...

awesome :):)...

About Me

My photo
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
lost 'alone' in the crowd...

Blog Archive

Followers